Friday, November 14, 2008

november in bergen



The area is beautiful! Rolling mountains, fjords, islands and lots of cute Norsk houses. On Wednesday the sun came out for a gorgeous day so I took the opportunity to take a hike in the mountains above our house. Surprisingly, although Bergen is at a northern latitude (about the same as Anchorage), the weather here is relatively mild with rain 285 days a year. It apparently never snows, but frost frequents in the morning. I went out with hat and gloves on but was soon hiking in only one layer-- in the middle of November! I met a few other hikers along the way... we commented on the wonderful weather. The Bergenites certainly get credit for enjoying the sun when it does come out! :) Actually, the weather for the past 2 weeks has been really nice (needless to say you should always bring an umbrella).

This weekend I am headed to Røros to celebrate a pseudo Thanksgiving with my host family. I am looking forward to relaxing in a winter climate, hopefully some skiing is in order! :) Until next time....

2 comments:

Alex said...

OMG Anna Barnwell! HI!!! You have a blog, fantastic, now I can find out where in the world is Anna Barnwell =)

I'm going to Anchorage in January for nats, are you going to be there?

Anonymous said...

Hey Anna!, I agree with you, I definitely like blogspot better though I really like the grass title thing on the wordpress one!
Kelsey